Construction has been taking place at MLHS over the summer as a part of our safety plan. Traffic flow of the parking lot has changed and safety lanes have been added which will require all of us to attend to a few changes:
1. Along most of the curbing are safety vehicle areas that have been painted with red stripes. These are areas that are to be free from non-safety vehicles at all times.
2. Drop-off area is past the gym area and has been indicated as such with yellow painted stripes. This area is where you can drop off or pick up students as space allows.
3. The direction of traffic within each row is now two-way.
4. There is now an entrance and exit off Pilgrim Street.
5. Student parking is restricted to the big dark gray parking lot and the lot under construction. No student parking in the west parking lot or the back of the school.
Entrance to the Building
Eventually, as part of the security upgrade, a single-entry setup will be implemented at MLHS. Construction crews have been busy creating a more secure campus. As a result, there are no entrances into the building from the south side. Fencing has been installed around the south side of the building. Portables and all south exterior doors are inside the fenced area. As we transition to a single-entry system, the following practices will be in place:
1. Before school, students enter the building through the doors leading into the commons. All other doors will be locked.
2. At 8 a.m. all doors, including the doors leading to the commons, will be locked and anyone entering the building will need to go through the front office.