Fire in Chico’s oven spreads to roof

Print Article

  • Charles H. Featherstone/The Columbia Basin Herald Two Moses Lake firefighters on the roof of the Vista Village Shopping Center as they try to battle a blaze that broke out Saturday when an oven in Chico’s Pizza Parlor caught fire.

  • 1

    Charles H. Featherstone/The Columbia Basin Herald Moses Lake firefighters deal with a fire at Chico’s Pizza Parlor Saturday evening.

  • Charles H. Featherstone/The Columbia Basin Herald Two Moses Lake firefighters on the roof of the Vista Village Shopping Center as they try to battle a blaze that broke out Saturday when an oven in Chico’s Pizza Parlor caught fire.

  • 1

    Charles H. Featherstone/The Columbia Basin Herald Moses Lake firefighters deal with a fire at Chico’s Pizza Parlor Saturday evening.

MOSES LAKE — A fire broke out at Chico’s Pizza Parlor, a popular Moses Lake eatery, on Saturday evening, closing the restaurant for the indefinite future. No injuries were reported.

According a source on scene with the Moses Lake Police Department, an oven caught fire and the fire suppression failed to extinguish it.

The fire then spread upward, and has been smoldering in the space between the ceiling and the roof. Firefighters have been working to prevent the fire from spreading or getting out of control.

“There was a fire that occurred inside the oven. Fortunately our manager was able to get everyone out to safety. We just had our hoods and fire extinguishers were just checked,” said a statement on Chico’s Facebook page.

“I expect the damage will keep us closed for the foreseeable future. We will be open as soon as repairs are finished,” the statement concluded.

Chico’s owners for unavailable for comment during the weekend.

Great clouds of gray and black smoke were billowing from the roof of the Vista Village Shopping Center, which is home as well to Moses Lake Music, a tattoo parlor, and a Ukrainian grocery store, among other businesses.

According to the source, no one was injured.

Fire crews from city departments in Moses Lake and Ephrata and Grant County fire districts No. 4 and 5, responded to the fire.

Charles H. Featherstone can be reached via email at countygvt@columbiabasinherald.com.

Print Article

Read More Local News

She worked to defeat a Tacoma Democrat accused of sexual misconduct. Now, she’s after Manweller.

September 24, 2018 at 9:00 am | The Royal Register Jessica Gavre, who accused Tacoma Democrat Rep. David Sawyer of sexual harassment and then raised money to unseat him in the primaries this August, has turned her attention to another embattled Washi...

Comments

Read More

State legislators urge Trump to save REC Silicon

September 23, 2018 at 5:00 am | Columbia Basin Herald MOSES LAKE — Members of the state’s congressional delegation are urging President Donald Trump to resolve the ongoing trade dispute with China and save embattled polysilicon producer REC. In a lette...

Comments

Read More

Knights of Columbus looking for charitable projects

September 23, 2018 at 5:00 am | Columbia Basin Herald EPHRATA — Food banks in Ephrata, Quincy, Soap Lake and Moses Lake received donations of fresh vegetables and fruit, due to the efforts of a service organization that’s working to re-energize its chap...

Comments

Read More

3 facing charges in connection with Ephrata injury shooting

September 23, 2018 at 6:07 pm | Columbia Basin Herald EPHRATA — Two men and a woman are facing charges in connection with a shooting in Ephrata earlier this month that left a man injured. Facing charges in Grant County Superior Court are: 21-year-old J...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(509) 765-4561
PO Box 910
Moses Lake, WA 98837

©2018 Columbia Basin Herald Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X
X