I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Congressman Dan Newhouse for his leadership, continued hard work and genuine care. I am so proud of him. He kept his promise and in combined efforts delivered a unified plan to reduce the burden of taxes and government mandates on American families and businesses.
Most recently, Congressman Newhouse stood in leadership to help provide a historic tax relief for hardworking Washingtonians, and furthermore all American Families. Thank you for fighting for and caring about our best interests.
In leadership, and for the first time in 31 years, a major reform of the federal tax code was passed providing major pro-growth, pro-family, doubling the standard deduction, and providing assistance for small businesses and farmers by allowing them to immediately write off the full cost of new equipment and increasing those who are shielded from the unfair death tax so a lifetime of hard work can be passed on to the next generation.
Other significant facts on The Tax Cut And Jobs Act include:
1. Lowers individual tax rates for Americans to 0-37 percent.
2. Significantly increases the standard deduction by double that currently 80 percent of filers in the 4th Congressional District utilize.
3. Expands the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 to $2,000.
4. Preserves the Adoption Tax Credit.
5. Preserves home mortgage interest deductions up to $750,000.
6. Continues to allow Americans to write off costs of state and local property taxes up to $10,000.
7. Provides relief for Americans with expensive medical bills by expanding medical expense deductions.
8. Eliminates Obamacare’s individual mandate penalty tax.
9. Provides support for graduate students by exempting the value of reduced tuition from taxes and interest paid on student loans.
For more detailed information please visit FairAndSimple.gop